Monday, August 19, 2019

How Much Have You Surrendered


2 Timothy 1:12 says, "Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.

This verse has long been a favorite of mine giving me peace and hope during the trials and storms of life. Yet as I read it again today I realized a very important truth. It follows the statement that God can and will guard all that I have given to Him.
The question is, what have I given to Him? Most Christians will say that they have given God their hearts and eternity. Yes this is important but it leaves most of everything in our hands to guard and protect. When we make Him our Savior and Lord then we place everything in His care. So what have you not surrendered to God … your health, job, pleasure, family? We need to surrender every aspect
of every day  to God. This means daily surrender and all throughout the day. Now this might seem like a lot of work, but the benefits are worth it. Remember, when we surrender, trusting God to guard something, He will guard it better than we could hope to.

So be willing today to start surrendering everything to God and discover the peace that He has promised will guard your heart and mind

No comments:

Post a Comment