Monday, February 13, 2012

The Cost of Worship

1 Chronicles 21:24 “But King David replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on paying the full price. I will not take for the Lord what is yours, or sacrifice a burnt offering that costs me nothing.””

·        Recently I have been studying the importance of counting the cost. This verse gives us a great principle applying this as we worship God. Our worship, to be heartfelt, should cost us. If we attempt to worship God and it doesn’t cost us, then we are not really worshipping. We need to remember that worship is when we bring our best to God and to give up our best has to cost us. If it doesn’t, then we are relying on the best of others. God wants my best and your best. Are we willing to pay the price? Having counted the cost, it is worth it, because God is worth it. Join me, and bring your best to God as we worship together.

No comments:

Post a Comment